In 1757 the King sold a part of the collection to his courtiers but kept the lion's share for himself and his family. Among the courtiers there was a great desire to possess such a piece not only because it came from the King but because it was the first time such a blue colour was used on porcelain.
Louis XV had the service installed at the château de Vincennes.
The service was first put into use at a dinner party on 4 February 1754. The Duc de Cröy described the scene as such:
"The King made us unpack his beautiful blue, white, and gold service from Vincennes, which had just arrived from Paris, where it had been exhibited for the connoisseurs to admire. This is one of the first masterpieces of this new porcelain factory which is to surpass Meissen."
Jean-Claude Duplessis had a hand in the shape and design of many of the pieces. Louis XV much appreciated his contribution and made him the King's goldsmith a few years later in 1758. The service was so popular with the King and his family that it remained in use until the end of the Ancien regime. Today, some pieces can be found in the porcelain dining room while others have been sold off at auction to private collectors.