From the table of Louis XVI
Ingredients (6 people):
2 pounds of potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 tablespoon white pepper
1/4 tablespoon nutmeg
½ cup of grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon of parsley
½-1 teaspoon salt
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into four pieces. Put in cold, salted water and bring it to a boil
2. Once cooked, smash the potatoes on a pan with butter - low heat!
3. When the potato-purée is smooth add the nutmeg, salt, white pepper, Parmesan and an egg yolk. Mix thoroughly and cool off.
4. Once you can safely touch them, roll the potatoes into croquettes. Roll in flour, then a beated egg and finally bread crumbs.
5. Use a pan to fry the croquettes but do not deep fry them! Add parsley if needed.