torsdag den 13. november 2014

Hôtel de Torcy

Built in 1640 for Jean-Baptiste Colbert, Marquis de Torcy who hired Pierre Le Mute as an architect. The hôtel is situated in Paris and thus acted as a town-house of the Marquis whenever he happened to be in France; he was often sent abroad to negotiate important peace treaties. Occasionally, the hôtel is referred to as the Hôtel de Tubeuf.
The design is interesting since it was one of the first noble hôtels that acutally used the attic spacing for occupation of the lord and his family.

View from the street
View from the court yard








Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar