søndag den 20. oktober 2013

The Queen's Courtyard

The Queen's Courtyard was created at the end of the 17th century by the architects Le Vau and d'Orbay. Originally the Queen's Courtyard stretched all the way down to where the present Dauphin's Courtyard ends but when the château was expanded in 1680 it created two courtyards instead of just one - this is how the Queen's Courtyard came to be located where it is today and also how the Dauphin's courtyard was created. That same year the Queen's Courtyard's façade was renovated.



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar